My new found replacements created a more independent person who is interesting, vibrant and whole. A good portion of my success today is due to realistic goal setting. Not fillers but viable choices for a quality-rich life.
I will give a condensed top tens listing I affectionately call my "cake walk". I hope this brings a smile to your face no matter what your day/week has been like.
1. Visit your local library and select 5 books to read. Try at least one that takes you away from your normal gendre.
2. Take the scenic route home and find a new store to window shop at.
3. Find a quiet spot to put your feet up for a least 10 minutes.
4. Go out of your way to help someone.
5. Start a journal and simply write "ME" on the opening page. You will be able to take it from there.
6. Visit a consignment shop and find a complete outfit for under $20. If you find cool stuff please email me pictures of your deals and where you found them.
7. Feast on your favorite meal and choose a non-traditional spot to dine. I love spreading a blanket in my sitting room, picnic style and getting fantastic take-out. Or one of my top faves-chopping fresh veggies and grilling a chicken breast, adding a light dessert, like chocolate pudding-(fan favorite). Or I find fun-shaped molds, for sandwiches of course-which is a blast! So much fun!
8. Give yourself time to reflect.
9. Give yourself a break.
10. Send someone a card.