First I say, never give up on your dream of becoming a business owner. However, keep the dream alive by being real with yourself. There will be bumps in the road, cracks in the pavement. But, at the end of the day you want to be happy with what you have built.
The suggestions below I initially posted on someone’s message board from a young person seeking workable solutions that could realistically aid in starting a viable, honest business even with poor credit. I hope you find these helpful as well.
Even though this is a tough economy and even tougher recovery you can do this.
1. Research non-profit solutions for debt renewal (not paying out for someone to consolidate with sky-rocketing fees. List out all creditors, money owed, etc. Be prepared to answer all questions with clear, full disclosure.
2. Contact creditors and re-establish communication/relationship/trustworthiness.
3. Have a business plan so investors will want to support your efforts.
4. Crowdfunding-You must be able to show credibility, liability, value added services.
5. I am not sure what type of business you are trying to build but I started my online business with zero funds. I came from three plus years being unemployed to becoming an online publisher, motivational speaker, 3-time Amazon author and business owner. I am just getting started!
You hang in there! With honest hard work, stellar ethics and the right connections, you can not only do this but soar! Build your brand one good name at a time. Increase your confidence. Do not be afraid to reach out. Why keep your rock star status hidden?
So many recoil because they feel ashamed thinking no one will want to take them seriously. You be the first one to take yourself seriously otherwise no one else will! This was a fantastic first step: continue reaching out. Please know that you have nothing and I mean nothing to be ashamed of.
Trust me, just because you see a lot of people all shiny and suited up doesn't mean they didn't need a hand up. Fact of life: We all needhelp at one time or another.
Feel free to contact me for more details. My email,